Sunday, October 2, 2011

Drivers

I notice alot about drivers especially the fact that there are only two kinds of drivers. There are the nuerotic hyperventilating worriers who are crazy about following the rules of the law to the most minute detail and almost vomit out of fear at the idea of going over te speed limit. Then there's the other drivers the phycho, cursing, and erratic motorists that believe they exist in a car version of the Thunder dome from the Mad Max movies. The worriers drive too slow and the phycho drivers are too fast. You have the law abiders versus the stampede. They're both awful just like any concept that has two extreme types of people.
I've not seen many dangerous things from other drivers except from my own parents. My mother I believe thinks that she's in a hostile war zone when she's on the road. She curses and yells, drives erratically, passing like 5 cars like it's a video game, and all in all does the complete opposite of anything found in the drivers handbook. With all the illegal turns and speeding it's no wonder she frequently has to take her Lincoln LS for repairs. Comedic routines in movies if replaced with my mother would be turned into documentaries. When the car finally stops and I'm back from the ER for emergency surgery on my exploded heart, I grasp the mother earth for safety and thank father time for returning the lost sand in my hourglass that evaporated from cosmic turmoil from the car ride.
Kind things are lost to the ages, you need detectives like Sherlock Holmes to find them. You'll sometimes see a driver let another driver go first at an intersection or give room in a traffic jam but are both far and few in between.
The way people drive does seem to reflect their personalities, my grandma is neurotic behind the wheel and is neurotic on her feet. My mother is an enraged Minotaur behind the wheel and when dealing with her family. My personality changes behind the wheel I go from calm and unsurpised lounged to a stiff and panicy mess. I would like to be a very calm and collected driver. I would like to be very generous and cautious when I drive though, no point in dying in an exploded car with my body in flame.

No comments:

Post a Comment