Sunday, October 16, 2011

La Musica

Music is a necessity in my life, it brings me happiness and solace in the bleakness of the world. It brings me hope and a soundtrack in the quiet land of Ocean Gate. It in all it's forms is of great importance to me. It as presented in the older cartoon Class of 3000 is something that makes the world go round. It everything and all around us that has rhythm or beat. It can be as wild as Charlie Sheen's meltdown or as quiet as Rosie O'Donnel's dietrician. It the sound of leaders and followers and he sounds of the earth they rule over. It is the sound of war drums and superheroes. Music is the voice and the sound of all and everything.
It is more than noise as it is to some people. If I didn't have it I probably would have stuck my head out the school bus window and prayed for a low lying sign with a clean edge. It makes my life just a little more bearable. It drowns out the voice of many and replaces them. Music is partially my background noise. Action music from movies makes my jogs way more epic than it probably should be. Classical music makes lounging much more fancy and relaxing. Rock music is great for when I'm frustrated and have started the "throwing of the chairs". NWA's Straight outta Compton gives great pulse to when Im getting ready and am pumped up. It makes my life a little less pedestrian one note at a time.
I think it's important to me because it has always been around me in all it's different forms. The house is probably built with cassettes and vinyl records holding up the walls. It brings out something much more energetic and less docile it stirs up the storms of my alter egos and other personalities. I find all types of music are important to me from classical to synth pop from Beethoven to David Bowie.
Music has become my most unditchable addiction and I don't plan on getting treatment any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment