Sunday, October 30, 2011

Burn the howework!!! Viva la Revolution

Maybe no revolution after all. I really don't think I hav much homework at least not anymore. It's taken a nosedive since sophomore year, there's hardly any for me too do anymore. Its not like freshman year where I would curse the teacher's name at night for the piles of needless work. My homework now seems to remind me of my College Phych class I took in the summer, where I had almost no homework and pretty much just had tests and quizzes. That's not to say the homework I get is not enough, it's perfectly fine not having much. I hardly end up spending much time actually doing the homework that I do have probably less than a half hour and that's probably generous. The easy breezy homework does though get done at the last minute sometimes the last second before I'm supposed to hand it in.
My homework nowadays is quick and painless, there is not much to them. It seems to actually have gone down in difficulty which is noticeably dispproportonate to the class's difficulty. It quite baffling to me how some of my high track classes give simpler homework than the lower track classes give me. There was more challenge to homework years ago, it's weird that the longer Ive been in school the less homework I'm getting.
There hasn't been much to learn from homework given to me. Not much of it can one actually learn from if it's something you already were taught. Since most homework is reviewing the material it's somewhat hard to take anything new from it, and usually by the time I get to the homework I have a good idea of what to do. Sometimes I've gotten lucky and the homework was something radically different from what we were learning but it would be usually entertaining and not exactly informative.
I think the reason I leave homework to the last minute Is because I really think I do my best work at the last minute. If I do work before the deadline it never gets done and seems kinda poorly done and forced, whereas my near deadline work seems very passionate and well thought out. Maybe that's an illusion and like my homework is pilling up and is way harder than what I see it as.

No comments:

Post a Comment