Sunday, October 9, 2011

Me and the iPhone

"Me and my iPhone, me and my iPhone go together like horse and carriage this I tell you brother I can't have one without the other" to poorly spin the Married with Children theme song. My iPhone and I are inseparable just like me and my watch. If clothes were deemed illegal then still on my way to school, watch on my right wrist and iPhone taped to my thigh. My iPhone has become almost like a totem god that I pray to and go to for guidance. It's my connection to the planet from wherever I am. My iPhone pretty much let's me do anything I need to do at my leisure. Such is a great thing as I'm very lazy which may not be really true, I find it more a lack of motivation or some kind of philosophic "why?...". Anything and everything I can call without getting the house phone, I can surf the Internet without using the computer, and do all my work on this marvel of innovation. I can even mourn with others the loss of it's "creator" Steve Jobs. It's pretty disgusting how my iPhone has ceased the use of my legs, I'm hoping they'll make some cybernetic ones one day to replace my soon to be melted to the couch legs.
Hours and hours of time is underestimating the time spent on my iPhone. It's never far from me and of it counts their is almost 24/7 music radiating from the device. A soundtrack to ones life is a good pick-me-up. It gives a merry upbeat to a currently droning life similar to the up beat 60s music in the game fallout 3 and the sequel New Vegas having the radio playing while slaughtering radiated monsters and monsters. It's with me everywhere in every room of the house and everyone's houses. I always have to be Johnny on the spot when an alert comes flashing on the screen. "Ohh new text message!?, I must text them back immediately or Agent Smith will come with the agents and assimilate me if I don't send this text in the next 3 seconds" says I with the hearing of the buzz of the vibrate. My ringtone must always be waiting to be heard by all because I think it's funny and as such the iPhone must be present. It's a curse really but as I type from my iPhone this blog post its obviously one I cannot fight.
If the cellular network came down id probably have a stroke. For the first 5 minutes I'd be ok but I can't say the same for the coming moments. It wasn't always like that though. Before I obtained the iPhone I was a little bit less tech dependent but now it's like a hunger. It's the joy can from the Venture Bros as I'm convinced the iPhone as well drives its power from the heart from an orphan. I must congratulate Apple though they created a vampiric device capable of enslaving millions to a screen but one that can make the days a twitch brighter and a little more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment