Sunday, January 29, 2012

State of the Union

To start off I would tell the American people that everything and everybody is screwed and that they should immediately report to army surplus stores to purchase a helmet. They would then be instructed to keep that helmet nearby at all times in case of my newly indoctrinated threat warning alerts. The alert as inspired by Ron White would be to put on the helmet. In these uncertain times I find it to be a valid purchase. Just kidding of course, besides the American people are quite easily startled and stricken with fear that even mention of such a thing would drive them to soil themselves. I would in any actual scenario tell people a little bit of the truth and a little sugar coating. The people are not ready and do not actually want despite what they say, the truth. I would instill with them words of hope as that is all they need from my vocals. I would start off on the subject of the wellness of the country as a whole. I would be sure to praise all our victories and spin around our faults. I would boast any wins in the economy and things in the job market. I would speak of our areas of improvement but affirm them that as a whole we can if unified tackle any obstacle that obstructs us from our prosperity. I would tell them I am disappointed in our gradual success and give them words of challenge and encouragement. They need to be challenged as the modern Rome that we are. I would tell them the truth about the schools but affirm that with a steady unified push that we may turn it around. I would then again tell them we could do better. That with proper planning we can give students a better education that is more accessible to those that desire it and such. I would talk of our success in our conflicts overseas and affirm that we continue to draw back personnel overseas. Affirm that our role to be depleting in overseas conflicts. Talk of foiled terror plots and the success of our intelligence community. Make the people of the United States feel protected by affirm them to be vigilant. I would mention on the state of politics that we must bond together and reference Lincoln, in his quotes on how America will not be destroyed from the outside but from ourselves from the inside. No use of fighting in the war room so to speak on the state of particularly violent and and aggressive political discourse. I would speak of the companies that are having their greatest successes being here in America. I would talk of some companies manufacturing here instead of overseas. Talk of lowering unemployment and the rising job market. Talk of getting the services to the right people and casting off the leeches who would abuse them. Tell them how things even so dark as they are will be bright again one day. A new tommorow will soon be here as long as we continue in the direction we are going. That as a country we shall not give up and we will rise from our ailments and make a nation greater than before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment