Sunday, February 5, 2012

Risk

I personally have not taken many risks in my time. My life is one of caution. I'm not a fan of taking risks at this point of my life. I find many of the risks I have committed were things that I truly believed in and my opinion weren't risks. A risk I have committed was probably something I'll never do again and possibly shorted my risk taking. That risk was the Ill devised jumping of a ramp with my bike. It seemed perfectly feasible in my mind at the time. Not exactly too much to do just drive off the little ramp. I had faith I could do it, perhaps a little too much faith. I biked around in circles that is to say if that is the proper term. I did that of course to get my sea legs to borrow an unrelated term. I then with some speed went over the ramp and then the ramp moved ever so slightly. My bike with me on it then tumbled over itself. I landing on my face was not fun. My face was somewhat cut up not too bad though. Some cuts some bruises but I was more in shock. Getting up from the hard ground kinda shook me up. This probably was a risk I'll never take again that also prevented some risk taking in the future. I have some other small risks of course. Wearing shorts and more warm whether clothing in the winter is a risk for getting Ill. Of course waiting until the last minute to do work is a risk. I taking risks in my works sometimes, adding stuff that's different that very well could fall flat.    I find the sole sporting activity I did was a risk. I could have certainly crashed and burned that day at eagle relays. The doom and gloom sky looming down upon me as I was on the track ready to go. I think all sports competitions are risks I would think. I risked life and limb although on quite a small scale. I risked probably my self respect and self value if I failed miserably. Maybe I could have tripped and fell and then spent the rest of my days sobbing in my dark bedroom all overdramatic. That of course payed off I did not succumb to a cruel fate as I had succeeded. Second place was in my opinion fantastic as I set out to do something completely out of my comfort zone and I had won. Truly I have not many risks in the physical realm. I protect myself from danger and am cautious of bodily harm. It's not like I have a skeleton encased with adamantium like Wolverine or a cybernetic body or sub dermal aluminum ceramic armor implants. Mental risks don't come frequent either, don't want to stress my brain out or something and end up with a tumor or something. I do though in the mental department am risky in my jokes and insults. People affirm this at least those who know me that I have a good amount of wit. Not much risk to be had, maybe it's that lack of true risk that grounds me to mediocrity and normality?

No comments:

Post a Comment