Thursday, December 8, 2011

3 Week Retreat

Where in the world is Carmen Sandiago? Maybe I'd find her on my travel. I think my first stop would be Japan. I've always found myself attracted to Japan's culture and sights. Their old crossed with western design would be fun to see. The place brims with culture and history. The generation gap of hyper transitional ism and hyper relaxed individualism would be cool to see. I would travel from the peaceful mountains to the bustling cities. Id of course with unlimited funds find myself in high rise and expensive hotels that define luxury. With unlimited money couldn't I just buy the place ala Howard Hughes? I would try my best to take it all in. I find myself wandering the forests and nature hopefully finding upon those trees with the white flowers one sees so much in documentaries. I would pay respect and if possible see some of the destruction left from the disaster. I would visit the museums and tours seeing, hopefully I'd see the crafts and gear of the feudal era and the samurai. I as to my interests find myself visiting Sony and Nintendo stores and true form manga shops. Might aswel try the new foods while I stay there, if I were to try sushi I might aswel go the authentic root. For hilarity's sake I might purchase from the fabled Japanese thong underwear vending machines. Before I leave I would travel finally to Mt. Fiji  to get some perspective on life and think about my time. Then off to the airport for my next stop.
To Spain I would go for my second week. I've always wanted to go there, in all it's beauty. I would love to specifically see the museums and possible remnants of the Spanish Civil War's propaganda and left over wreckage from it's history. Might aswel go skateboarding while I'm there, supposedly they are very friendly to them. Barcelona is known for its good skate spots. Maybe I could test out my Spanish linguistic abilities while I'm there. I'd hope to take in the warm weather while there.  Find myself upon authentic Spanish foods and restaurants. Admire the architecture. Maybe ask the Spaniards of their view of the world and America. Visit the old historical Spanish castles. Watch bullfighting and soccer. Then off to relax at the beaches and hotels and them "el aero puerto" for my next stop.
My last stop is Greece, a fascinating land of history. Beautiful land and relics left mostly untainted by modernism. I would visit all the old historic sites and regions of Athens and Sparta. Purchase some old world replicas and items. Visit the beautiful beaches and land. Fawn over the beautiful Greek women. Try some Greek foods and restaurants. Hopefully not get robbed in the post economy hell scape cities. Take some time to reflect and rest at the resorts and beaches. Maybe bag me some souvenirs for the family and end my time there with the nightlife. I would then head home enlightened by my travels and maybe appreciate my own culture more.

No comments:

Post a Comment